Sunday, September 19, 2004

You've Got to Have Friends

I always knew that friends were important. But, this weekend I learned how wonderful they can make you feel.
On Friday evening, as I drove home from work, I spoke to my best friend on the phone. I love her so very much. I especially love talking to her. I never laugh so hard than when we are together and being on the phone is the next best thing. We never cease to make each other crack up. Our brains are said to be one half of each other and I am really really beginning to believe this. She is truly my kindred spirit. And, I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I couldn't imagine my life without her. She understands me in a way that one else does. And, we're so wacky together. When I get married she will be my maid of honor, but what she doesn't know is that her title means much more. I have felt honored to know her. She is inspiring, fun, beautiful, and smart. I want to thank her for everything she has given me. Who else could I see "Otto Titsling" with...on a scaffolding at the Rose Bowl...with foreign people taping us?
Saturday afternoon was spent with a special lady who has inspired me to grasp every moment of every day. She is always smiling. I love talking to her about politics and life. She has an amazing story herself and I feel honored that she has shared it with me. We have become movie buddies. We also enjoy spending hours and hours talking at Sweet Tomatoes. Amazing what a salad bar can spark? I look forward to many many more Saturday afternoons spent with her. How many people do you know that have been on Oprah? That's how special she is...she touches lives. And, she has touched mine.
Saturday evening...I spent it with another friend. When he and I first met, we connected right away. There is nothing more wonderful than connecting with another human being. We can talk and talk and talk. We both love to travel and read. We enjoy life. Last night we stayed out until 1:30am, watching a french film and then hanging out at a trendy restaurant. He laughed with me, not at me, when I spilled a little bit of my overflowing cosmopolitan. He also made me feel good, when he said I looked good in glasses (I will have to work on agreeing with him). We ended the evening talking outside about our significant others while it sprinkled, cherishing the cool weather.
I feel so very lucky to have friends such as these. They bring so much to my life...kindness, appreciation, humor and love. Thank you to all of my friends. You have enhanced my life...you have made me who I am.
This post is dedicated to Theresa...Mazel Tov, sis!

No comments: