Friday, September 03, 2004

I Wish it was Friday...Oh, Wait. It Is.

Today was Friday, but seriously, it never felt like it. Works was crazy. And, guess what? I am going in tomorrow. I have a lot of projects to juggle. It is times like this when I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to go back to school.
I have schoolwork to do this weekend too. I have figured out that when school is in session...I don't get to decide what to do with my time. I think it is giving me a glimpse at how my time will be arranged when I have children.
Yesterday I had such a wonderful conversation with my best friend yesterday. She made it feel like it was Friday. It is funny because we don't talk ALL the time, but when we do, it is like we have had an infinitely long conversation that just keeps continuing. She always makes me laugh. She is one of the people who have really made my life wonderful. So much love radiates from her. Seeing her smile, makes me smile. I can't help it. We always joke that we share a brain. Maybe we do? We can finish one another's sentences and read each other's minds. i wish she lived closer. We would probably drive my fiance crazy because we would be together so much. But, it would be terrific! We always thought we would live together right out of college. We wanted to cover one of our walls with all of the ticket stubs from the movies we had seen. We started collecting them in the 8th grade.
How do we find people who connect with us so well? We call each other "kindred spirits." It was like God brought us together.
Since I have work tomorrow, I have only planned a Friday evening filled with studying and hanging out at home. It almost seems like a slap in the face of Friday, but what else can I do? Saturday will be my Friday instead. With the three day weekend, it shouldn't be too hard to trick my brain.
So, i dedicate this not-so-Friday Friday entry to my kindred spirit, best friend, sister...and maid of honor.
p.s. Ever want to feel really happy...try listening to The Beatles' Yellow Submarine album. "1 2 3 4, can I have a little more. A B C D, can i bring my friend to tea." They have got to be the most brilliant band ever created. I love you, George Harrison!