Thursday, September 30, 2004

Convergence

This last two weeks has been a lesson in convergence. My whole life has been one grand designed convergence...the designers just forget to tell me what they were planning.
School has begun to take shape with projects, papers, reading and continued work on my thesis research.
Work is insane. I am putting together a major event and until two weeks ago, the event was close to failure. I also am preparing for the holidays and all of the craziness contained within.
I also am going to have a new roommate this Fall. My grandmother is moving in. I am little nervous about the stress that may be created by having to accommodate someone else. It is also going to be new experience for me because I don't know her as well as most people know their grandparents. It is definitely going to be an adjustment. It isn't all bad, I am looking forward to getting to know her.
And, then of course, there is also the coming and going of my fiance on weekends, visiting when he can.
I feel like my whole life is going on and on without me. It is passing by on a subway train and refuses to stop for me. Will it ever stop? Will I ever be able to stop and smell the roses once in a while?
I love going to school, but I must say I can't wait until it will be over. I can't cherish work, I can't cherish my everyday life, I can't cherish school. There is too much. Something needs to go and I will be glad when it is school. I think I will miss it. And, I know eventually I will go back for my Ph.D., but I can definitely wait.
I am impatient for May to come. School will be over. My love will be home. And, a new chapter in our lives will begin. We will be in the midst of planning our wedding.
I will weather the storm through the winter and spring. Then, when the summer arrives, everything will be fresh and new. I will have a new confidence, a new me.

No comments: