Saturday, December 18, 2004

New Boots

Today couldn't be better...I got new boots! These are not just any ol' boots, but Western boots--Ropers, to be exact. I have wanted a pair for a while now and it was my lucky day because one of the local mainstay western wear places in town is going out of business. I not only got a screaming deal on a pair of boots, but they are beautiful! I have never seen a pair like them. I fell in love with them as soon as I put them and never took them off until I finally got home.

These lovely ladies are black leather with a tooled swirl across the toe. The upper part of the boot is a beige color with a black leather applique of a cowboy on a bronco. The very top of the boot is edged in black. They are sassy, sexy and adorable all at the same time.

So, now, I have an insane itch to go out dancing. I want to swagger, kick, churn and spin around a wooden floor. I can already hear the fiddle beckoning to my hips, begging them to sway. And, the steel guitar is telling my thumbs to take their rightful place through the two front belt loops on my jeans.

Ah. Two-stepping around the floor to one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, Neon Moon, listening to the soft...click, click, scuff, scuff, click, click, scuff, scuff, of my ebony wooden heels against the floor. The lights are dimmed and the din around me drowns in the music. The melody swims through my head and I go into a soothing, warming trance. My partner is smiling, but I only notice his hand upon the small of my back and the faint scent of a masculine cologne that promises to bring the essence of the woods. Every other sense is taken up by the music.

This is what it is all about...good music, blue jeans and new boots.

No comments: