Thursday, August 21, 2008

What Have I Been Up to?

It is 10 p.m. and my eyelids are certainly getting heavy, but I so wanted to make sure I wrote some kind of Blog entry today. So I will keep it short and sweet. What have I been up to lately? Here's a list...
1. I had a toe reading and a reiki session at the Summer Spa Series over the weekend. That was wonderful! I discovered some things about myself.

2. I reported to work on Monday at 3:15 a.m. in order to usher in media. The Food Bank was sending food boxes, water, hygiene items and blankets up to Peach Springs for the evacuees from the Grand Canyon. If you didn't hear about it; a dam broke on the Colorado River and so the water rose 10 feet.

3. Ry and I went to the Diamondbacks game against the Padres. The D-Backs are hosting an event for us and I met with our contact to see the venue. As a bonus we got some lovely club level tickets. Turned out to be a close game.

4. I made an appointment with myself to take time out to write and work on my book. I got a decent amount done during my two hours at one of my favorite coffee houses in Phoenix on Wednesday.

5. Today I met James Carville at a Phoenix Forum luncheon. He even posed with me for a photo. He and his wife, both on opposite ends of the spectrum, gave a great discussion on the current presidential race. He was a really engaging speaker. I was incredibly impressed.

So that is what I have been up to. On another note...I was thoroughly disappointed over the weekend. For months I have been looking through my photos from our trips last year to pick out a few and submit them to the National Geographic amateur photo contest. Finally had my photos and was ready to see if I had a chance at the grand prize -- a cruise to Antartica. So, I was reading the rules mid-registration and I saw the most horrible set of words ever..."Residents of Arizona are ineligble." Why??? I wish N.G. had put a reason as to why my state of residence was left out. I was deflated in an instant and obviously I still haven't gotten over it.

I know I will probably still buy National Geographics' Travel magazine, but begrudgingly. I know my Thailand photos would have had a chance. I just know it. I was just a tiny bit close to having one of my photos in an exhibit in New York. Maybe they will let me enter next year?

Good night!!

No comments: