Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I Love You, Dr. Horrible!

Battlestar Galatica has long since been off the air and I have to wait until October to find out what the frak is going to happen. Shark Week is over on Discovery Channel. I watched all 12 episodes of Flight of the Conchords on DVD. Argh. And, the second season of The Tudors hasn't been released on iTunes yet for my viewing pleasure.

Frankly all other TV just plain sucks right now. So, what is a girl to do?

Tonight I was saved by my husband when we watched the three acts that comprise Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. What fun! I may have had a slight crush on Neil Patrick Harris when he was Doogie Howser, but that was decades ago. Now, I find him irresistibly hilarious and brilliant in this online-only web-blog created by Harris and Joss Whedon.

Dr. Horrible may be evil, but boy, do I love him. Now, my hope is that there will be more than just the three acts that were released. We need more Dr. Horrible!

On another note, I have begun to read The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver. So far the characters are intriguing and I am really enjoying the writing. And, how could it be too bad? It takes place in my favorite city -- London.

No comments: