Monday, August 04, 2008

Wasn't This Supposed to be Blond?

Okay, so on Saturday, I decided that I would get some semi-permanent hair color so I could even out my color -- something dark blond so it would look natural and not colored at all. I picked up a color called Golden Honey while I was at Target. It looked unassuming and rather harmless.

On Sunday morning, I decided to use the hair color I purchased. I reaffirmed with a good read and solid deduction that this would indeed be a great way to even out my color. After about 12 minutes on my hair, I climbed into the shower and rinsed away the gel that had been working its magic upon my locks.

Later on as I was blowdrying my hair, I began to notice that the color didn't look anything like the color on the box. In fact, it looked very much like a reddish hue they had on the box called Spiced Cider. Was it the right color in the box? I looked at the container that had the color in it and it matched the number on the packaging. Hmmm?

I now have a lovely Scottish/Irish Auburn color. It doesn't look too bad with my blues eyes and fair skin. Not what I had envisioned, but I am getting used to being a fiery redhead.

No comments: