Saturday, January 08, 2005

Gray = Happiness?

Why is it that on gray, cloudy days, I feel the happiest and most content? Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't live somewhere a little more gloomy (weather-wise). Of course, that may be why I love places like Seattle, San Francisco...and adore London.

Today there is a steel blue sky hovering ahead. The clouds look as if they will burst with rain and thunder. I am waiting with anticipation that the evening with begin with a lovely storm. There is just something so comforting about such weather. I have this urge to sit in the middle of the yard, listen to Sarah McLachlan and stare up at the sky. I want to meditate, breathe in and out, deep cleansing breaths. I want bring to light deep thought to the overwhelming beat of my heart.

As I close my eyes, I can imagine the sound of waves on the ocean's coast. Dark blue waves the color of the sky touch the shore and come within inches of my bare toes. I can slmost feel the coolness of wet sand under my feet. I reach down and my imagination enables me to feel the soft, smooth grains of the sand between my fingers. I smell the sweet, salty smell of the ocean; my nostrils imbibe the fragrance and instantly I am more relaxed. Ahhhhhhh. My eyes feel heavy and my body weightless...at the same time. I am inside myself. I am in touch with my soul. Deep inside I am a work of art, a painting with strokes and colors added every moment of my life.

The strokes added today are those of a stormy sky....an imprint of a moment of solace. A moment by the ocean. A moment of meditation. A moment in my soul.

No comments: