Thursday, May 26, 2005

A Different View

Only two weeks ago I finally ended the three-year journey of earning my master's degree. And, in the two weeks since that time, my view has changed on my life. No longer am I a slave to a strenuous schedule of classes, papers and readings. I don't regret school and all of the discipline it brings. In fact, part of me will miss it. But, I also feel free. I feel like my life has been released and I can spread my wings to touch the sun. I can do anything!

Before the looming stress of work would cut to my inner core. Now, I peer at this stress with la vie en rose. I can't help it. Nothing seems to get me down lately. Is it the achievement? Or the release? Or is it because my life seems to be synchronized to perfection at the moment?

My fiance is back home and our lives have intertwined with much more ease than I thought would be possible after a year apart. I am planning my wedding...a once in a lifetime event that I have waited for over the past seven years (I even found my dress!). I am on the top of my game at work and in my professional organization. And, I am finally decorating and organizing my house so that it looks as if adults, rather than college students, live here. I'm happy. I'm content. I'm ecstatic.

It is my hope that I can keep up with my blog at a better pace than I have recently.

Just a few extra notes:
Current readings -
Sunburnt Country by Bill Bryson (reading up for the honeymoon in Australia)
Mutiny on the Bounty by Nordoff
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier (one of the most brilliant books ever!)
The Liar's Club by Mary Karr

Since being out of school, I have tried to control myself in the reading department, but obviously I am not too successful.

Most recent musical fascinations -
Van Morrison
Aslyn
Lifehouse

One last note...friends are some of the most precious people on the planet. They can make you smile at the perfect moment. I want to say thank you to my friend, Lydia. We talked on the phone today for an hour and it reminded me of why she is such an important part of my life. What a blessing!

No comments: