Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Swing, Swing!

So, we started our first night in the combination ballroom dancing class we are taking through the city. It was so much fun! We learned the East Coast Swing tonight. What could be better than looking into the face of my best friend (my husband) and dancing to Glen Miller? Um, nothing. I can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks of classes hold for us. We really want to practice in between classes and keep it up after classes....finding someplace for us to dance on a regular basis. Ooooh, fun!

I love spending time with Ryan! He is awesome! That is all I can say. He is just awesome! No one else can make me smile and laugh like he does. And, well, he is so adorable.

Okay, enough fawning over my husband.

My current music interests -- two new CDs I bought at my favorite music store --The Hold Steady and Heartless Bastards. Now, before you discount the last band because of their name....they are great! The lead female singer has a wonderful smoky voice like Pretenders' frontrunner Hynde. And, the sound is a bluesy rock and roll. Really enjoying them. My friend who owns the music store told me that her counterpart in Cincinnati sold 750 copies of the album the day it came out. Wow!

Another music interest -- Laura Pausini. I have listened to a couple of her songs and I am certain she is Italian. The song she does with James Blunt -- Anticipada Primavera is lovely!

No comments: