Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nothing in Particular

...yes, nothing in particular. This is very important. So, be sure to pull out your notepads.

I am sitting in my quiet house, listening to semi-sad music. Darn adorable couple from the movie, Once. They made an album and I am addicted to it. It is along the lines of Sarah McLachlan. That perfect CD for a candlelit bath for one. Maybe a few healthy tears and then laying on your bed staring up at the ceiling. Yeah, it's like that.

It's a Sunday night and I am working on some things I need for work tomorrow. I am beat. Busy busy weekend. Great fun, but it was exhausting. Why do I do that to myself?

Well, I was missing my blog. I feel like I have been cheating on it with Twitter (and maybe I mentioned this previously). Twitter is so easy and spontaneous. I love how it lets me purge the crazy thoughts that are filling my brain at the moment.

A few things I am excited about at the moment...seeing Styx (yes, Styx) on Friday night. They are quite fun to see and I am going with some wonderful friends.

Another exciting happening...Ry and I signed up for ballroom dancing through the city. I have taken so many classes with the city's park and rec department. We have seven weeks of learning tango, foxtrot, swing, tango and a couple others. It is built-in date night.

And, then there is going to L.A. in August to see Dave Gahan in his t-shirt and tight jeans...ahem...I mean to see Depeche Mode play at the Hollywood Bowl. Thinking about the concert, I feel like I am in high school again. It makes my stomach get all crazy and excited. Love it!

What else is on my mind? I miss Rachel. Where are you when I am bored out of my mind? Or, when I am having lunch with someone who just doesn't know how to have as much fun as we do? This certainly isn't your fault. I moved to this desert 10 years ago. And, not that it wasn't a good move...look at all I have been able to do. But, it doesn't make me miss you any less. Some days I really do feel like you have the other half of my brain. Your friendship is such a blessing.

Sorry, this is what happens when I just write whatever comes into my head. And, this music isn't helping any. Perhaps I need to plan a trip to Cali to have a girls' weekend with Miss Rachel. A wacky weekend...oooh, maybe in San Diego?? I think I need to call Rachel tomorrow to hatch a plan.

Okay, back to work. I am pretty sure I want to go to bed at 9 p.m. tonight.

postscript...
Music favorites at the moment...Andrew Bird, used Powderfinger CD I found at Zia, and oldies.

Resolution for the week -- I will be positive and all around pleased with myself. A rarity, indeed, but I think I am worth it this week. Right??

1 comment:

rachelsaysso said...

COME TO CALIFORNIA!!!!!! This post makes me want to put my head down on my desk and weep because I miss you too and it's been so long since we've had one of our adventures. The other day I was driving on the 10 by Redlands and I thought, "I could just keep driving for another 4 hours and visit Cynde."

We MUST HAVE a fun weekend soon. San Diego would be perfect.