Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Reepicheep

Yes, I am reading The Chronicles of Narnia and loving them all over again. I am nearly finished reading all of the books and of all of the characters, I fell in love with Reepicheep.

His passion and his bravery to do what is right inspired me. He was the smallest character, but always the first to stand up to injustice or to defend his friends. That kind of courage is admirable.

I want to be a Reepicheep about my work and writing. I shouldn't let it feel small. I should let it loom larger than the life it has just as ink on a page.

I have made two decisions to make me a Reepicheep -- I am going to start working on my APR and I am going to begin putting aside time again for writing. True to myself, true to my passions.

And, to remind me of my fire to be Reepicheep, I also named my new dwarf apple tree after this mouse in shining armor. Will post photos of my lovely tree when I get the chance. He is so adorable; a small patio tree that will hopefully bring fruit in June.

On a side note...currently addicted to Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Her voice is amazing. And, thank you, Rachel, for sharing Andrew Bird. He has a lovely voice.

No comments: