Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Confetti, confetti, confetti, and a bit of champagne bubbles! It is a new year! And, please I ask that it be a little less eventful than last year. Well, eventful on the good things like vacation and new experiences is great, but spending hours in the hospital is something I can do without (unless I am pregnant and giving birth -- that will be okay).

I was contemplating putting down my resolutions, but decided I would be resolute in not listing them. Basically, my resolutions are things I need to do. I just need to get my butt in gear and take care of them. With my new job, a lovely husband, fantastic family and friends to support me, my list of "things-to-do-for-myself" should be easy to follow.

On the book front, I am currently rereading the entire Chronicles of Narnia while also reading Becoming Jane Austen. I went on a book-shopping spree yesterday at Changing Hands Bookstore to buy the books that were on my list. At 25% off everything in the store, it was hard to pass up. So, I will be relaying my reading adventures on my blog over the year.

On the music front. Well, I have found quite a few new albums to enjoy. Most recently, I am reveling in the cheer and happiness I feel when listening to Little Joy. Wonderful, wonderful album. I also have been enjoying Sharon and the Dap Kings, The Killers and Travis.

I wish everyone a wondrous 2009 full of new discoveries, adventures, memories and learning moments that help reveal yourself to others and you. My suggestion for getting off on the right foot: look at the stars more often, color with crayons once in a while, laugh with friends, and take time away from scheduling -- abandon yourself to a day or two without deadlines, text messages, phone calls or e-mails.

p.s. I have a confession...I developed a slight addiction to House over the Christmas weekend while they had a marathon on USA. What a great show. Other confessions...I am also happily watching the first season of Shameless (brilliant) and whiling away an hour or two every other day with Guitar Hero World Tour. Cheers!

No comments: