Monday, June 16, 2008

Could I Have Been Anymore Down and Out?

Okay...I was reading my blog from yesterday and I think I see some confetti on my chair left over from the pity party I held in my honor yesterday. Maybe I am being harsh, but I obviously was in a funk yesterday. I can't say that I feel much better today, but maybe not as defeated. Ryan and I spent the afternoon together and all I could feel was how lucky I was to have him in my life. The glory and wonder of him; of us.

I know we will get through everything fine. We are surrounded by so many people who love us. Prayers and thoughts have been inundating us. Perhaps this is why God has no qualms about us experiencing these challenges? He knows we have the character to endure it. Of course, I would much rather be challenged by deciding what I should pack in a small carry-on bag to go to a pacific island or even changing a flat tire would better than this. Give me something I feel prepared for, darn it! Thank you to all of my fantastic friends who help us get through these stints in our lives. I promise, these things will calm down as the year wears on. I understand I have been taking up a lot of your prayers and energies, but at least it doesn't happen like this every year. We seem to be on a five-year cycle. Thanks for putting up with it all. I couldn't do it without you.

On another note...I would like to say Happy Blogiversary to my best friend Rachel! Her blog turned one year yesterday. What a special moment. I remember when it was only a few posts old. It was so cute. And, I remember when she posted that oh-so-lovely photo taken by some umm...photographic genius in a moment of creative nirvana. Ahhh!

Current music obsession -- Fleet Foxes. They are this perfect harmony alt band from Seattle that makes you happy and relaxed all at once. They would be great to listen to while you sit on a grassy knoll by San Francisco Bay, showered in dappled sunlight reading a favorite novel and drinking a lemonade. Their voices are clear and lovely -- almost reminiscent of Simon and Garfunkel. They have that 60's edge that makes me want to just shiver with joy. If you haven't heard them yet...take a listen. They won't disappoint.

No comments: