Monday, February 07, 2005

Getting Along

It has been nearly nine months since my fiance went to New Mexico on assignment. And, I have learned to get along on my own. Not that I haven't always been independent and adventurous. But, this experience has shown how much I appreciate those around me. It also has shown me that I can be successful on my own...I don't need my fiance in my life...I'm not dependent on him. I WANT him in my life. He adds to my life.

Getting along on my own has shown me I am so much more than I first thought. I have discovered my spirit and my own freedom. These new-found positives have helped me to be a better writer and a better professional. I know now that I have worth. For the first time in my life, I feel empowered. I can look to a future of going after the things I want to achieve. I have the power to be successful.

I still cannot get over the fact that I was quoted in USA Today. I am still in awe at the fact that after so much hard work in learning my profession, I finally hit the big time. I never take myself for granted.

For that matter, I no longer take my relationship with my fiance for granted.
Our love had happened so quickly and easily that I think I began to assume too much about our relationship. Now, I appreciate all we have and see how wonderfully unique we are. Thank you, sweetie, for all of your love. Without you, I would have made it, but I would never feel like a whole person.

I also have come to see how truly wonderful all of my friends are. So many of them have been supportive while I have been on my own. They have all shown me how they love me--each in their own way. Without them, I wouldn't have found out how much I have to offer. I know not all of them will see this, but I want to say to each of them...Thank you. Thank you for making me smile, for checking in on me, for talking to me late at night, inviting me out, laughing with me and sharing wonderful moments with me. All of you have blessed my life in more ways than you will ever know. And, please know that even when the love of my life returns, I will still want you around. I still want to go out to dinner or out for happy hour. I still want to stay up and chat until it is near dawn. I still want the laughing and joking. You are part of me now.

Look out world, here I come!!

No comments: